BELONGING – BEING – BECOMING
At Learn & Play we aim for all the children to enjoy a learning experience that is engaging and builds a foundation for success and happiness for life.
Our approach to Early Childhood Learning is based on the early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) principle that early childhood is a vital period in children’s learning and development so our emphasis on play-based learning recognises the importance of communication, language, literacy and numeracy to promote a child’s healthy social and emotional development.
The EYLF Framework conveys the highest expectations for all children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to Primary School.
We aim to achieve the following five Learning Outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators.
Our curriculum encompasses all the interactions, experiences, routines and events, planned and unplanned, that occur in an environment designed to foster children’s curiosity, learning and development.
Our approach to teaching our young children puts their natural development, their relationships and their environment at the centre of our philosophy.
In this approach, children have the right and should have the opportunity to develop their potential and are encouraged to share and collaborate their thoughts and ideas about their daily experiences.
Importantly the children are taught that respect for everyone else is important which creates an enjoyable community and collaborative atmosphere of that is positive for both the educators and children alike.
- To promote a collaborative, supportive environment that builds high self-esteem and self-worth in our Educators and the children.
- To provide a balanced and relaxed learning environment, where Educators give the children the opportunity to play, discover and develop at their own rate and level.
- To promote and create a positive and flexible indoor and outdoor environment that is inviting and full of possibilities to Educators and Children.
- We encourage involvement and feedback from families with honest and open communication, respecting their thoughts and their opinions and incorporating these suggestions into our program when appropriate.
- Each child’s family knows their child best, and Educators will work best in a collaborative partnership with families to ensure their child’s needs and abilities are met.
- Our educators are encouraged to facilitate the child’s learning based on the child’s interest and actively engage in the activities with the child
- We support our Educators participate in further education and a variety of activities to support their delivering Early Learning in a positive manner in order to support the children’s development and growth.
- To promote and support environmentally sustainable practices within our centre.
- Our food program’s goal is to serve food that is healthy, interesting and appetising to the children and that reflects our multicultural community.
- If you would like to work with us at our amazing childcare centre? We’d love to hear from you! Give us a call today.
- Phone: 02 9743 6444
- Address: PO BOX 3187, Rhodes 2138
Level 7, 1 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138
- E-mail Address: